Curious to learn a bit more about our new Brazilian goalkeeper? Here are 10 facts all Roma fans should know about the 23-year-old...
1. Alisson Ramses Becker, better known simply as Alisson, was born in Novo Hamburgo in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, on 2 October 1992.
2. The 23-year-old is a product of the Internacional youth academy, where he started out in 2003, aged 11. He made his first-team debut in 2013 and went on to make 83 appearances in the Campeonato Gaucho, Brazilian Serie A and Primeira Liga.
3. Incidentally, Internacional is also the club that Paulo Roberto Falcao – one of the stars of our second Scudetto in 1982-83 – joined Roma from back in 1980.
4. A few months ago Paulo Roberto Falcao described Alisson as “a great goalkeeper with excellent technique and a strong physique”.
5. Alisson won the Campeonato Gaucho - the state title - four years running with Internacional, from 2013 to 2016.
6. He earned his first Brazil U-17 cap in 2009, going on to play nine times for the U17s and a further five times for the U-20s.
7. He was a member of the U-20 Brazil team that won the prestigious Toulon Tournament in 2013.
8. The young goalkeeper made his senior Brazil debut in a World Cup qualifier against Venezuela on 13 October 2015, which the Selecao won 3-1. Since then he has made nine appearances for his national side, including five in World Cup qualifying matches and three in this summer's Copa America Centenario.
9. His older brother, Muriel Gustavo, 29, is also a goalkeeper and plays for Internacional, with 116 appearances to his name so far.
10. You can follow Alisson on his official Twitter and Instagram profiles: @alissonbecker.
© 2018-2023 Soccer S.r.l. – EU VAT IT09305501000 - all rights reserved. The AS Roma names, logos and artwork are registered or unregistered trademarks of Soccer S.r.l. All other trademarks may be the property of their respective holders.