PROJECT SCOPE AND TIMELINE
AS Roma’s Social Media department is soliciting proposals from digital branding and creative agencies to fully execute the club’s next transfer announcement unveiling in a unique and innovative way on social media. Having pioneered the trend for elaborate football transfer announcements during the summer of 2017, Roma are looking to take a different approach in 2018 and would like to appoint an outside creative agency to build on the success of last year’s unveilings. With many football clubs all over the world competing with each other to make the best transfer announcement, Roma are looking for an agency who can deliver something out of this world – a truly stunning, original and epic piece of content with our next announcement.
Due to the nature of football transfers, the timeline for the project is very tight and proposals would need to be submitted by close of play today with full-scale production to take place in Rome in the coming 48 hours.
Founded in 1927, AS Roma is one of the biggest and most well-known football clubs in the world. The team shares the name, colours and legendary symbol of the Eternal City and competes in the Italian Serie A.
AS Roma has won the Italian title three times, the Coppa Italia on nine occasions and boasts the third-highest number of World Cup winners of any club in the world. In 2011, the club was bought by a group of US investors led by Jim Pallotta, who in August 2012 became the 24th club president in the history of AS Roma. Last season, the team reached the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League and finished third in Serie A.
The club currently plays its home matches at the 70,000-capacity Stadio Olimpico but has recently had plans approved to build a new stadium and entertainment district in the Tor di Valle area, strategically located between Rome airport and the city centre.
SCOPE OF SERVICES REQUESTED
1. Evaluate and audit the social success of the most recent transfer announcements made by the biggest football clubs in Europe to ensure that Roma’s next announcement unveiling is truly unique and original.
2. Evaluate the previous transfer announcements made by Roma – from the unveiling of Lorenzo Pellegrini playing FIFA to the ‘history-reversed’ video of Ante Coric right through to the untitled ‘black announcement’ for Ivan Marcano - and come up with something totally new.
3. If the proposed idea is to be a video, please provide storyboard for a 60-second announcement with full script and detailed production notes attached.
4. If proposed idea is to include VR, AR and 360 video, please explain how these elements will be incorporated into the final release.
5. Please provide full social media release and distribution strategy for the announcement.
6. The proposal should include the full budget required to execute the idea – broken down by an hourly cost of service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A proven and successful track record of working with high profile brands on digital and creative social media campaigns.
PROPOSAL SUBMITTAL DEADLINE & PROCESS
An electronic copy of the proposal and samples of work must be received via email at email@example.com no later than 23:59 EST on June 6. Proposals will be reviewed by the AS Roma Social Media department. If you do not hear back before 09:00 EST on June 7, please consider your proposal unsuccessful.