Now that William Vainqueur is officially a Giallorossi player, here are ten facts that every Roma fan should know about the French midfielder.
1. Vainqueur was born on November 19, 1988 in Neuilly-sur-Marne, not far from Paris.
2. He joined the Nantes youth academy in 2002, signing his first professional contract in 2007.
3. He stayed with the Canaries until 2010-11, crossing paths with Rudi Garcia's Lille in Ligue 1 in 2008-09.
4. He joined Belgian outfit Standard Liège in 2011-12 and spent three seasons there, quickly becoming a mainstay of the side.
5. In 2013-14 he won the UGH Ecarlate trophy, a Player of the Year award voted for by Standard Liège fans.
6. He moved to Dynamo Moscow in 2014-15, racking up 42 total appearances.
7. Vainqueur has racked up 24 Europa League appearances with Standard Liège and Dynamo Moscow.
8. When he makes his Serie A debut, Vainqueur will become the tenth French player to turn out for Roma, following in the footsteps of Vincent Candela, Jonathan Zebina, Olivier
Dacourt, Philippe Mexes, Ricardo Faty, Ludovic Giuly, Jeremy Menez, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Lucas Digne..
9. It was always his dream to become a footballer but if he hadn't made it he wanted to be an architect or a designer.
10. Vainqueur is an avid user of social networks. His official Twitter account is @WillVainqueur while on Instagram he is @williamizi.