AS Roma is looking for a talented and creative English-language editor to join the club’s award-winning Digital Media team in Rome. The successful applicant will write, edit and publish daily news articles, come up with original ideas for features for the club’s official English website and ensure all areas of the site are fully maintained.
As well as contributing to the website, the Digital Media Editor will also produce engaging content for the club’s social media platforms, and liaise with other departments across the club including Roma TV, Roma Radio, Ticketing, Partnerships and Retail and Licensing on a daily basis.
- Writing daily news and creative features for the AS Roma English website
- Producing engaging content for the club’s many different global social media accounts
- Collaborating with designers, video editors, photographers and producers on visual, audio and video content
- Editorially covering the Men’s, Women’s and Academy teams’ campaigns – on and off the pitch
- Contributing creative ideas for engaging multi-platform content that will inform and entertain fans
- Maintaining the RomaTV+ Video-on-Demand platform – publishing and titling videos
- Editing and publishing content from fans and website contributors
- Maintaining all sections of the website to ensure they are always correct and up to date
- Writing editorial and marketing newsletters
- Liaising with all departments at the club – editorial and commercial
Capabilities and Experience
The successful applicant will have previous experience working in a media environment.
We are looking for an exceptional writer – with exceptional grammatical skills and a keen attention to detail. In a multi-platform world, a thorough knowledge of different social media platforms is required and a keen understanding of how football clubs use them would be helpful. Experience working for a football club would be an advantage.
Training at higher education level is required. You will be confident in using a PC and have a good understanding of technology and content management systems. Past experience using photo, picture and video editing software would be helpful.
Additional skills needed to make this role a success include:
- Ability to speak or understand Italian is not essential but would be an advantage
- A high level of integrity and trustworthiness
- A willingness to work within a team structure and learn new skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Willingness to work flexible and at times unsociable hours
- Work in line with the football timetable will be required
Although you will work at different locations and travel on the job, your main base will be at the club’s training ground at Trigoria, approximately 30 minutes outside of Rome.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we will provide you with a competitive salary and other benefits, including a relocation package if moving from abroad. AS Roma is committed to having a diverse and inclusive working environment where people are treated equally.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of English-language Digital Media Editor, please email a covering letter explaining why you should be shortlisted for an interview and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications will be Wednesday 18 September 2019.